Currency hours include a broad range of professional activities directly related to the practice of Counselling Therapy including:
- Direct client work;
- Record-keeping and preparation related to direct client work;
- Continuing competency activities;
- Conducting research or writing in the field of counselling therapy;
- Teaching (must be a course directly related to counselling therapy);
- Managing those in the field of counselling therapy;
- Consulting; and
- Other professional activities that impact the practice of counselling.
750 Currency Hours for Applicants
Within the three years preceding the application, the applicant must have done one of the following:
- Completed a master's degree program in counselling therapy or education and training that the council considers substantially equivalent;
- Completed at least 750 currency hours (from the list above); or
- Completed a refresher program as approved by Council.