New Applicants - Provisional Registration
When applying to register with the College, choose the New applicant - provisional registration option if:
- You are a new graduate from a master's degree program in counselling therapy; and
- You are working towards completing the 450 Direct Client Contact hours under supervision.
Provisional registration may not be reinstated.
To apply for CCTPEI provisional registration, you must:
- Set up an account in the online registration system - HMS
- Complete all mandatory information in your profile
- Upload proof of 2M professional liability insurance
- Upload a valid criminal record check document
- Pay the application fee
- Pay the registration fee
After you have completed all requirements listed above, you will receive an ID number required to register for the COMPASS exam — the competency exam which you are required to pass to become a fully registered member of the College.
The COMPASS exam is offered twice per year, in the spring and the fall, subject to change.