New Applicants - General Registration
You are considered a New Applicant if you are a new graduate (you completed your education program within the past three years) or an international applicant, and you don't qualify as a deemed registrant or a labour mobility transfer.
When applying to register with the College, choose the New applicant - general registration option if:
- You meet the education requirements;
- You have a lifetime total of 450 Direct Client Contact hours, either as a component of education or through supervised practice (you may join as a provisional registrant if you are working to complete these hours); and
- You meet one of the three professional currency requirements.
To apply for CCTPEI general registration, you must:
- Set up an account in the online registration system - HMS
- Complete all mandatory information in your profile
- Upload proof of 2M professional liability insurance
- Upload a valid criminal record check document
- Pay the application fee
- Pay the registration fee
After you have completed all requirements listed above, you will receive an ID number required to register for the COMPASS exam — the competency exam which you are required to pass to become a fully registered member of the College.
The COMPASS exam is offered twice per year, in the spring and the fall, subject to change.