Deemed Registrants 2021
At the time of the formation of the College of Counselling Therapy of Prince Edward Island (as of August 1, 2021), any practitioner who holds an approved current designation from the associations listed below is considered a deemed registrant of the College:
- Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada - MTC, RTC, AC
- Canadian Art Therapy Association - RCAT
- Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy - RMFT
- Canadian Association for Spiritual Care - CSCP, CPST
- Canadian Association of Music Therapists - MTA
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association - CCC
- Canadian Professional Counselling Association - RPC, MPCC
- International Expressive Arts Therapy Association - REAT
- North American Drama Therapy Association - RDT
- Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists - CPC
First Renewal Steps
Deemed registrants must renew their registration by November 1, 2021. On November 1, 2021, deemed registration will expire and deemed registrants will need to complete the New Applicant process to join the College.
To renew their registration, deemed registrants must:
- Set up an account in the online registration system - HMS
- Complete all the mandatory information in their profile
- Upload proof of approved designation
- Upload proof of 2M liability insurance
- Upload a valid criminal record check document *
- Pass the Jurisprudence Exam **
- Pay the registration fee (Fee Schedule)
* If you have had a criminal record check (with vulnerable sector check) completed in the past 5 years, please use this document to complete your HMS profile. If you have not had a criminal record check done in the past 5 years, please contact the registrar for a letter of request. Please note that the expiry date of your criminal record check is 5 years from the date of issuance. As a registrant of the College of Counselling Therapy of PEI, you will be responsible to ensure that your criminal record check is renewed every 5 years.
** The Jurisprudence Exam will be available through the HMS.
The registrar of the College will review all submitted information and documents, and if everything is complete and the payment has been received, approve the registration.